"We will make the whole world metal, blacker than the blackest black times infinity"

Monday 11 January 2010

PAINTED IN EXILE - HAVE YOUR PiE AND EAT IT

First post of what I hope to be a regular thing and I bring you one of my new favourite bands; Painted in Exile. The New York Deathcore quintent combine brutal breakdowns and face melting riffage with smooth jazz. Sounds insane right? And it is, but in a good way.




The aptly named EP 'Revitalized' is their first material since they brought in a new Guitarist Marc Lambert, and Bassist Vincent Romanelli; an addition which has completely transformed the sound of the band (to something that's actually good.) I have no words with which I can describe this band, so I'm not going to give it a full review but if the idea of Protest the Hero meets Deathcore and Miles Davis appeals to you, then you have found the perfect band.


PAINTED IN EXILE - REVITALIZED
Genre: Progressive Deathcore / Jazz
Buy the EP
Myspace
Last.FM
Download: Megaupload 320kbs 

No comments:

Post a Comment